Our commitment to you
We will protect your personal information and safeguard your data.
This privacy notice details how we collect and handle your personal data to provide you with the best long-term data storage service we can. This Notice will inform you how we use, process and protect your personal data as a ‘data controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
This Notice concerns:
- Clients – those that use Piql services or products
- Potential clients and visitors – including website visitors and social media contacts
- Partner organisations
- Potential partner organisations.
This Notice applies in addition to our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it. We promise to never sell or share personal information of our clients, potential clients, visitors or partners. Piql AS is registered with the Norwegian Brønnøysund Register Centre (ref. 984359403). Piql AS offers data storage services which also makes us a ‘data processor’ under the GDPR. All data provided by a ‘data controller’ is governed by a contract which explicitly states how the data will be managed, in compliance with relevant regulations.
Who we are
Piql AS, is headquartered in Drammen, Norway. Piql Services are offered worldwide through an extensive network of trusted partners, however this Notice relates only to Piql AS.
Piql AS is the Data Controller for the personal information we hold to run our business including managing contracts with clients and partners, and to market and sell to existing and potential clients and partners.
Piql AS is a Data Processor for client data that is stored on Piql film, processed at the Drammen production facility. As a data processor, we may process client information without knowing the content or origin.
Types of data Piql collects
- Contact Data: includes business address, email address, social media handles, and telephone numbers.
- Identity Data: includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, job title.
- Correspondence: including email content which potentially contains personal data. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, for instance, when you interact with us on those platforms.
- Technical Data: includes a standard information collected by cookies when you visit our site, including information about your browser type, operating system, IP address, and the domain name from which you access this site (e.g. google.com). In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the number of times you have visited our websites, the date you visited the site, and the amount of time you spent viewing the site.
- Other data: includes how you use our product or services or information you submit via a form on our website.
How do we use personal information?
As data controllers, we use the above-mentioned information for a range of businesses purposes such as:
- managing the product or service you have with us
- managing our client relationship database
- managing any aspect of the product or service
- to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
- to keep you and your business updated on our business through delivery of a newsletter (which you can chose not to receive).
- for direct marketing via email, phone or through an online channel.
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a contract: We may process your data as part of a contract with a supplier who is the data controller of your data.
- Third party service providers: Piql uses certain third parties for some business administration and other activities related to our services, such as plug-in providers. Some of these third parties are based in the EEA and some are based outside the EEA with servers outside the EEA. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and contract conditions. By agreeing to use Piql’s services, you agree that your data may be shared with these third parties for the purpose of providing the agreed service.
- Legitimate interests: Piql may use personal information to contact you for a legitimate interest. This is where we have a legitimate interest in contacting you or where we believe you will have legitimate interest in what we are contacting you about. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: Piql may also process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
You have rights according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you need to exercise your rights, please contact us. In all cases we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
How long we store your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal information we process about you, please contact us.
Disclosing your data
Piql AS only discloses data in compliance with applicable laws. We may disclose your data to our partner organisations or a third party, as part of providing a service to you. Any disclosure of such information will be limited to the purposes for which such information was provided to us or our Service Providers.
To request more information on any of the above, access data we may have on you or make a general enquiry, please contact us.